Laurie Lasseter of L2 Performance Training is an RRCA-Certified Running Coach, ACE-Certified Personal Trainer (with Sports Conditioning Specialty Certification) and ACE-Certified Group Fitness Instructor and is uniquely qualified to work with you to create a customized, comprehensive and integrated running, coaching and strength training program to help you achieve your running and racing goals while avoiding injury. Laurie is trained in a variety of methods and equipment, including Postural Restoration Institute (PRI) Pelvis Restoration and Myokinematic Restoration, Strength/Resistance Training, Cardio/Aerobic Training, TRXⓇ Suspension Training, BOSUⓇ Balance Training, Resist-a-ballⓇ Stability Ball, BootCamp Interval Training, Aqua/water fitness, Urban RebounderⓇ mini-trampoline, KwandoⓇ Kickboxing.
- over 30 years of Fitness Industry experience
- over 40 years of Endurance Running experience
- 31 marathon completions (including 3 Boston Marathons)
- Six Star Finisher (awarded for completing all 6 World Marathon Majors – Chicago, New York, Boston, Berlin, London, Tokyo)
- numerous other distance running and endurance event completions
Laurie has used her methods to help her clients achieve injury-free race completions (including numerous age group and overall medals) as well as first marathon completions and time goal achievement at all distances (including Boston Marathon-Qualifying efforts).
Laurie owns L2 Performance Training and also trains clients at Edward-Elmhurst Health and Fitness in Woodridge, IL. She conducts group exercise classes at LA Fitness (Bolingbrook, IL and Naperville, IL). She also writes regularly for the Healthy Driven Naperville Half Marathon and 5K Blog, the Edward-Elmhurst Healthy Driven Life Blog and the Fitness Professional Online Website.
L2 Performance Training – Available Services:
RunSMART: Small-Group Strength Training Class designed specifically for Runners:
- Offered at Edward-Elmhurst Health & Fitness Center
- Click here for more information on the RunSMART Summer and Fall Sessions.
- To register, click here or contact Jenny Ibrahim (630)646-7913 or email@example.com):
- Strength, stability and mobility exercises addressing the foot/ankle, hip/glute and core sections of the body
- Exercises are specifically designed to prevent injury and enhance running performance
- Exercises utilize steps, resistance bands, stability balls and stability trainers (BOSU)
- Each session contains 6 one-hour classes
Offered on Saturdays at 12:30 pm most of the year. Sessions are 6 weeks each. Check the Upcoming Events section at the right of each page of this website for upcoming sessions.
Personal Training for Runners: one-on-one, ongoing sessions focused on running injury prevention, single-leg stability and running strength:
- Offered at Edward-Elmhurst Health and Fitness center and at other locations (as needed) by L2 Performance Training
- To register, contact Edward-Elmhurst Health and Fitness Center front desk or laurie@L2PerformanceTraining.com
This Program includes:
- all elements from the Gold Standard Running & Coaching Program (see below) while the client is active in Personal Training
- ongoing personalized one-on-one strength training sessions tailored to prevent injuries and improve performance based on your individual need (1x or 2x per week options available)
Training Kit for Runners (beginners)/Gold Standard Running & Coaching Program (advanced):
Offered at Edward-Elmhurst Health & Fitness Center and at other locations (as needed) by L2 Performance Training
- See Training Kit and Gold Standard Coaching Program for more information.
- To register, contact laurie@L2PerformanceTraining.com
The programs includes:
- Review of running history, injury history and medical history
- Function-based Movement Screening to assess muscle weaknesses, imbalances and range-of-motion limitations
- Running Form and Breathing Analysis to pinpoint any bio-mechanical risks or issues
- Running Drills to improve running form for higher performance and better running economy
- Personalized, streamlined strength training program to reduce the risk of injury and improve running performance
- Scientifically-developed running training program tailored to your goals and schedule
- Tools you can use outside the club to stay on track
- Ongoing coaching, program monitoring and program adjustments to keep you on track for your goals (Gold Standard Program only)
Running Workshops: Running Fundamentals/Running for a Healthy Lifestyle (beginners)/Marathon Training (Advanced):
- Running Fundamentals Workshop – click here for more information
- Marathon Training Workshop – click here for more information
- Couch to 5K Workshop
- Running for a Healthy Lifestyle Workshop
Workshops are given seasonally and based on demand. Each workshop is 2 hours in length. Check the Upcoming Events section at the right of each page of this website for upcoming workshops or contact us at laurie@L2PerformanceTraining.com to schedule your own offering of a workshop.
Sports Conditioning (Strength, Speed, Agility, Quickness) Training:
- Sports-specific training focused on strength, speed, agility, power, quickness and mobility to prepare athletes for their sports season. Classes and sessions are designed specifically for each sport. Pre-season, In-season or off-season training. We have experience with training clients for many sports including: distance running, sprinting, triathlons, swimming, biking, baseball, golf, basketball, soccer, obstacle course racing, skiing, hiking/backpacking.
- Small Group and private sessions available.
Contact us at laurie@L2PerformanceTraining.com to schedule sessions for yourself or a customized training class series for your club or team.
General Personal Training: Sports Conditioning, General Physical Preparedness, Injury Prevention and Recovery:
Contact us at laurie@L2PerformanceTraining.com to schedule sessions.
Group-Exercise Instruction Formats:
Contact us at laurie@L2PerformanceTraining.com to schedule your own offering of group-exercises classes.
For More Information contact:
- RRCA-Certified Running Coach
- ACE-certified Personal Trainer and Group Fitness Instructor
- ACE Sports Conditioning Specialty Certification
- AFAA-Certified Group Exercise Instructor
- Healthcare Provider CPR/AED Certified
- Basic First Aid Certified